Walton Academy are looking for an inspiring teacher to deliver Science across key stage 3, 4 and 5. The ideal candidate will deliver innovative and creative lessons that engage and challenge students to achieve their full potential. The sucessfull candidate will join an enthusiastic and supportive team, and for the right person, a leadership position within the faculty and associated TLR could be available.
At Walton Academy we fundamentally believe that every student should achieve their full potential and all staff are committed to ensuring this happens. Our academy is underpinned by our core values of ‘Excellence, Courage, Commitment and Ownership’. We consider these to be integral to our students’ success and wellbeing.
Job Title: Teacher of Science
Salary: MPS/UPS plus TLR2a (£2718) available to the right candidate for a leadership position
Start date: January 2020
Hours of work: Full-time (part-time will be considered)
Closing Date: 6 October 2019
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a proven record as an excellent classroom practitioner
• Be well informed on current educational issues and initiatives
• Be prepared to develop best practice through coaching and mentoring
• Be prepared to participate in extracurricular activities such as school productions
• Demonstrates an appreciation of the ethos and standards of teaching within a high performing academy
• Show commitment to professional development
• Be adaptable and flexible and calm under pressure
Candidates are encouraged to visit the school for a tour and meet the Science team. Please make an appointment via Katie Bagnall, Academy Operations Manager on 01476 563251.
The Diverse Academies and its Governors are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in their care and expects everybody working for the organisation to share this commitment. To this end we actively seek DBS enhanced clearance check for everybody that is employed by us.
Please click here for the Job Description and Person Specification....